Join the Voyage of Empowerment Conference from your own office or home! Sign up for the virtual attendee option and you will be given access to all the recorded sessions as well as the live feed from the conference during 10 main stage sessions held on September 17th and 20th, 2023 from 9am-5pm ET. Virtual attendees will also receive an empowerment kit sent to your address which will include conference program, keepsake, and the full Empowering Differences Bundle with the book, workbook, and online leadership program with full info found below:
Empowering Differences is the intentional action of using power and authority for yourself or others while positioning ways in which you are not the same as the people around you. It brings together what makes you unique with how to apply it and grow in your profession while empowering others along the way.
What is included?
- Virtual Zoom ticket to attend the Voyage of Empowerment
- Attendance for NYC Empowerment Week Event
- Empowerment Conference Keepsake
- Empowerment Conference Program
- Full access to the empowerment course 10 Empowering Action Lessons, an Introduction, and course materials
- Empowering Differences Book and immediate access to the eBook
- Printed copy of Empowering Differences Workbook & Fillable PDF workbook with Self- Assessment
- Differences Assessment
- Empowerment Audit
- Up to 40 hours of Professional Development Credit
- Access to personal empowerment report with completion of digital empowerment assessment
The Online Course consists of 12 modules: an intro that takes you through how the course is set up, how to use the workbook, what you need to succeed; a section with course materials; one module per Empowering Action. Each module outlines content and information about the word, action steps, take-aways, and workbook questions.
The Book: The 10 Empowering Actions are further covered in the book Empowering Differences, along with author Ashley T Brundage’s story of advancing her career from a part time bank teller to a vice president of the national diversity and inclusion team at PNC Bank in less than 5 years. Everyone’s journey will look different, but these methods can produce similar results and the takeaways of the book can be applied to anyone.
The Workbook takes you in depth through the 10 Empowering Actions outlined in the book Empowering Differences and align with the course modules. Use the e-course modules with the workbook, which is completed in 2 sections:
- Self Assessment: You will spend time going through the questions and answering them, then reflecting on what you have learned
- Empowering Actions: Once you have completed the self-assessment and really taken a look at your answers, you will put them into action. Using the second part of this workbook – The 10 Empowering Actions, you will learn how to bring it all together.
This course is beneficial to anyone looking for career growth, leadership development, personal growth, information on intersectionality and privilege, empowerment, goal setting, understanding social justice in a professional setting, strategy development, and more.
Looking for Professional Development Credit? The course document module includes an info sheet to submit for 40 hours of credit, And the Empowerment Conference will qualify for 20 hours of credit.